Cupping – Cupping is also available at CK Clinic. Cupping is one of the oldest methods used to release toxins from the body. This is done by putting special cups on the skin to create a suction, this creates increased blood flow to the area and draws toxins up to the surface for elimination. It also draws the blood up which is rich in nutrients to the affected area which promotes healing. Cupping is used alongside massage.
- Increased circulation and oxygenation of blood in the affected area
- Breaks up adhesions (knots) in tissues
- Increases range of motion in the affected area
- Stretches myofascial tissue
- Increases collagen production and tissue repair
- Reduces inflammation
- Reduces stress
Cupping is not suitable for those with bleeding disorders, a history of DVT, those taking blood thinning medication, anyone with varicose veins, anyone with heart conditions, any open wounds or pregnant ladies.